Bring Your Own Device Program
ICS is introducing the BYOD program starting the 2022-2023 academic year to allow students to use their own personal laptops to run school applications and access academic information while on campus. A dedicated WiFi network will be provided for students to connect to the internet for access to the school website, applications, educational information and resources. Students are still bound by the Student Handbook and Technology Code of Conduct under the BYOD program.
Benefits of the BYOD Program
Flexibility in choosing preferred operating system
Encourages higher productivity rates while using a personal device
Teaches students self-discipline and device management
Enables a contingent-ready teaching and learning environment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the device have to be a laptop?
- What are the system requirements?
- Does ICS have a student discount partnership with laptop providers?
- Can students bring other devices in addition to a laptop?
- How will the IT department support students' personal devices?
- What happens if a student damages their laptop in school? Can IT support?
- Will my child be able to access inappropriate websites while in school?
- Why are Grade 11 students issued a school-provided laptop, while the rest of the grades are BYOD?
- Does the school monitor what's on my child's personal device?