Welcome to ICS Elementary!
Partnership with Parents
We are excited to get to know you and your child! The elementary years are critical times of development for students. We want your child to have the best educational experience possible, and we know that this only happens through a partnership between home and school.
Small Class Sizes
As we cater from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5 with an average class size of 16 and a teacher ratio of 10:1, our dedicated staff of professionals are passionate about teaching and are here to help support your child through their educational journey.
Fostering a Love of Learning
As a Christian school, we are able to spend time focusing on integrating a Biblical worldview into every subject we offer. This allows us to give students the opportunity to ask questions and figure out the world in a place where Christ is the center and those around them genuinely care about their development. We hope to foster a love of learning in each student we have in our care. We encourage opportunities for students to gain responsibility, to be well-rounded, and to reach their highest potential.
MENC Music Standards for JK
1. Singing and playing instruments
2. Creating music
3. Responding to music
4. Understanding music
MENC Music Standards for grades 1-5
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
5. Reading and notating music
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
7. Evaluating music and music performances
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture
A placement test is conducted within the first week of admission in order to assess which of the 4 levels a student will be placed in.
Level 1: Beginner Level
Student has none or level entry understanding
Level 2: Intermediate Level
Student is able to understand and use very simple Chinese words and phrases, meet basic needs for communication, and possesses the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
Level 3: Late-Intermediate Level
Student has good grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
Level 4: Advance/Heritage
Able to converse in Chinese on a range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers.
In elementary technology classes, students develop knowledge and skills to use technology to create and communicate their ideas. Students also learn the importance of character with regards to technology, and are encouraged use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- I can effectively communicate ideas through digital media.
- I can use collaborative online tools in a cooperative learning project.
- I engage with experts and other students around the world through videoconferencing and social media to enhance my learning.
- I can create digital works to display my understanding of a concept.
- I can communicate and illustrate original ideas and stories using digital tools.
- I exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- I model legal and ethical behaviors when using and communicating information and technology by properly selecting, acquiring, and citing resources.
- I create a positive online presence.
- I use critical thinking skills to write programs that efficiently solve problems.
- I can troubleshoot systems and applications.