Securing Our Legacy
Impacting The World for the Glory of God
The founding families of the International Community School (Singapore) had few tangible assets. Instead, they possessed an overflowing of hope, an abundance of faith, and a wealth of thankfulness. Endowed only with the gifts of determination, they set out to form the only Christian international school for expatriates in Singapore.
25 years later, their mission to “Educate Minds and Transform Lives to Impact the World for the Glory of God” remains true. The precious legacy of our past is the core of our mission and identity. Our blessings are now multiplied by the generosity of alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff and board members as we move into the future.
Educating Minds and Transforming Lives
Our philosophy is to educate the whole student - body, mind and spirit. We believe that through this synergy of the enlightened mind and transformed lives, our students will truly be empowered to be a dynamic force in our world.
You play a huge part in our students’ success. When you choose to make a donation to ICS, you are making a statement to support an educational institution that puts students first in everything that it does.
We do all that we can to ensure that our students have the right tools and the heart to impact the world for the glory of God.
How You Can Be Involved
Program Legacy Fund
Your contribution to the Program Legacy Fund will continue the school’s expansion in the following areas:
• Project-based learning
• Performing arts
• Entrepreneurship program
• Technology (AI, Robotics)
• Early Elementary programs
• Advanced Placement programs
• Sports programs
Scholarship Legacy Fund
Your contribution will allow us to provide crucial scholarship funds in the following areas:
• Provide deeper educational discounts for students of full-time Christian workers
• Expand our support to include those with financial needs
• Provide scholarships to support underprivileged children across Asia
Building Legacy Fund
Your contribution to the Building Legacy Fund will allow us to develop the new campus in the following ways:
• More classroom space
• Specialized learning spaces: Science labs, technology labs
• Performing art centers
• Physical education sport fields
Professional Legacy Fund
Your contribution to the Professional Legacy Fund will help us to enhance the development of our teachers in the following areas:
• Advanced degrees
• In-house professional training
• Opportunities to mentor other teachers
Ways to Give
Donations can be made in Singapore dollars or in US tax deductible US dollars. Donations can be made by cash, check, bank transfer, and stock certificates. Please refer the relevant subsections for more details.
- Singapore Dollar Donations
- US Dollar Donations
- Stock Donation Instructions
- Sample Stock Transfer Authorization Letter
Donations can be made directly to ICS in Singapore dollars in cash or by check to "International Community School (Singapore)". For donations by check, please note "ICS Capital Campaign" on the reverse side of the check. A receipt will be mailed from the business office. Singapore dollar donations are not eligible for US-IRS tax credit.
Singapore dollar donations can also be made directly to ICS through a bank transfer to our account at Standard Chartered.
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Scotts Mall, 1 Scotts Road
#01-01 Shaw Centre
International Community School (Singapore) Ltd
Bank Code: 7144 (routing number)
Branch Code: #003
Bank Account No.: 0301206570
Account Currency: Sing Dollars
SWIFT Code: SCBLSGSG (for international wires only)
Sort Code / BSB No: N/A
(Sort code and BSB no. are required for banks located in the U.K. & Australia)
Donations can be made to ICS in US dollars through NICS (Network of International Christian Schools). NICS is a registered US charity and does provide a charity receipt for US tax purposes. If donations are made through NICS, no receipt will be provided to the donor from ICS.
Note: Payments through NICS are for donations only. Parents will be responsible for any credit card fees and bank charges if this method is used to pay school tuition and fees.
Instructions for donations to ICS by Direct Deposit and Credit Card through NICS
Step 1: Complete Transfer
- Go to www.nics.org/donate.
- Choose to make a single donation or a recurring donation. For Destination, choose "School Project."
- Select the school project code: ICS-Singapore Building Fund (002117).
- Donors can use either a credit card or transfers from a US checking account. Recurring donations can be set up to come out of donor's credit card or checking account on the 5th, 15th, or 25th of each month.
- Complete the information and select "Process my Donation."
The charitable receipt will be issued by NICS
Step 2: Notify ICS-Singapore Business Office
- Please notify the ICS-Singapore business office of the donation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
For US taxpayers, one of the most advantageous ways to contribute to ICS is through a gift of stock. Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable financial benefits:
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay capital gains taxes on the stock appreciation
To contribute stock, complete these two steps.
Step 1: Complete Transfer
- If the shares are held at a securities firm or other brokerage account:
- Contact your brokerage firm for stock transfer procedures and stock transfer forms
- Instruct the brokerage firm where securities are held to transfer the shares to
Receiving Firm: Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
DTC # 0015
Account # 372-090165-157
Account Name: Network of International Schools (NICS)
Attn: John Parker
- Instruct your broker to enter identifying information (i.e. your name and address, phone number, account number, broker information) into the "Text Comment" field of the DTC screen.
- Your institution may require a written Letter of Authorization (see sample)
- Mutual Funds: There are a few mutual funds, which are DTC eligible and can be transferred via the DTC instructions noted above. The donor's broker or money manager will be aware of the mutual funds eligible for transfer via DTC. If your mutual funds is not eligible for transfer via DTC, please contact the ICS business office (email@example.com) for additional information.
- If certificates/shares are in your physical possession: Please contact the ICS-Singapore business office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for instruction
Step 2: Notify ICS-Singapore Business Office
- The actual stock transfer to NICS's account is completed with no accompanying donor information. In order for NICS to identify your gift, credit the ICS-Singapore account, and send a tax receipt you will need to provide us with the gift details requested below:
- Please notify the ICS-Singapore business office of the stock transfer. Email email@example.com with the following information
Address, City, State, ZIP
Name of the Stock
Number of Shares
Approximate Transfer Date
Name of Your Brokerage Firm
Send a letter containing the following information to your brokerage firm along with any forms that they require.
To Whom It May Concern:
I am making a donation of the following securities to the Network of International Schools (NICS)
______ shares of ______ stock.
Please transfer these shares to DTC # 0015, account #372-090165-157 at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
So that NICS is able to identify these shares as my donation to their organization and acknowledge me for this gift, I ask that you please enter my name and address, phone number, account number and/or broker information into the "Text Comment" field of the DTC screen.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please call me with any questions or problems.
[Name of donor]
[Donor phone number]