Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
February 12, 2020: Important information regarding decisions for upcoming activities and events.
February 10, 2020: Contingency plans in the event of school closure
February 8, 2020: Suspension of after-school activities (ECAs, athletics, detention, and so on) and increased temperature screenings
February 5, 2020: Cancellation of Week Without Walls and FaithWorks Trips; additional schoolwide measures in place
February 2, 2020: Possible cancellation of Week Without Walls and FaithWorks trips
January 28, 2020: Measures and guidelines issued by the Singapore government for schools.
Events and Activities Status
- ES Valentine's Day: Event is being moved into classrooms rather than a large-group activity in the canteen
- February 17 Elementary School Food Drive: Postponed until further notice
- February 18 Middle School Parent Meeting (4th & 5th Grade Parents): Canceled
- February 26 Elementary School Mandarin Day: Live Performance Canceled; Recorded performance will be made available.
- March 4 Week Without Walls/FaithWorks Prayer: Canceled
- March 5 Elementary School Portfolio Night: Canceled
- March 12 Grade 2 & 3 Play: Live Performance Canceled; Recorded performance will be made available.
- Competitive games: Canceled
- Sports practices: On-campus practices begin February 17
- ECAs: Season 3 will begin February 17
- Library: Closed before school and after school at 3:10pm
- PTF events: Canceled until further notice
- Afterschool Tutoring: Resumes February 17
- NHS Tutoring: Canceled until further notice
(updated February 17, 2020)
ICS prioritizes the health and safety of our community and has implemented the following safety measures, effective IMMEDIATELY. These measures were created in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Singapore Ministry of Education and the Singapore Ministry of Health and in response to the DORSCON level elevation from yellow to orange on February 7, 2020.
- Drop off/Pick-up - The ICS Campus is open to parents and helpers for drop-off from 7:30–8:05 am and pick-up from 3:00–3:30 pm. The ICS Campus will be closed to all students, parents, and helpers at 3:30 pm
- Back Gate Closed - Effective immediately, all entry to and exit from ICS will be limited to the front gate. The back gate will remain closed until further notice. All visitors, ICS Staff, and students must stop at the front gate for a mandatory temperature check at all times before entering our campus.
- ICS ID Card - You will not be allowed onto the ICS campus without an ICS ID card. Effective February 11 (Tuesday), parents and helpers without ID cards are required to drop off/pick up their child at the front gate. Visitors without a pre-scheduled appointment will not be allowed onto campus.
- Mandatory Temperature Screening - Every person who enters the campus will have to stop at the security booth for a temperature check. Students, faculty, staff will undergo temperature checks twice a day. Please continue to take your child's temperature before he or she leaves for school. If they have a temperature reading of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher, please keep your child at home.
ICS can, and will, deny entry onto campus to any person for whom the following applies:
- If you have travelled to China within the last 14 days
- If you have had direct contact with family members who have travelled to or from China in the last 14 days
- If you have a temperature reading of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher
- If you are exhibiting signs of illness (such as cough, runny nose, sore throat, difficulty breathing, and so on)
- If you have had a fever or taken medication for a fever within the last 48 hours
Health and Safety Protocols
Temperature Screening and Hygiene Procedures
All students, faculty, and staff will undergo twice daily on-campus temperature checks. Any student with a temperature reading of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher will be sent home immediately. Our First Aid Officers will be on standby to assist our faculty with temperature screening and to handle more critical medical issues as needed.
If your student is sent home with a temperature reading of 37.5°C/99.5°F or higher, the student may return to school if:
- He or she has not traveled internationally in the last two weeks
- He or she has been fever and symptom free for 48 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's health, please seek advice from your family doctor.
Elementary students are being taken to wash their hands before and after lunch, snack, and recess times. Middle and high school students are given constant reminders by their teachers to wash their hands before meals.
The ICS maintenance and cleaning staff have increased the frequency with which they disinfect classrooms and on-campus entry surfaces.
Travel Declaration Form
ICS Parents are required to complete the travel declaration form on behalf of their child or children.
All ICS employees, visitors, contractors and vendors are required to fill in the travel declaration form before being allowed on campus.
Future Travel Declaration Form
As part of our efforts to comply with the Coronavirus protocol, we have been asked to have each student fill out a Future Travel Declaration form if the student plans to travel outside of Singapore from January 29 through March 31, 2020. This is a self-declaration form and does not replace our pre-arranged absence form. You will be asked to complete both if your child is planning to travel during the school term.
Leave of Absence (LOA)
In accordance with the requirements set forth by the Singapore Ministry of Health and Singapore Ministry of Education, any student who has traveled to mainland China after January 13 must take a 14-day-long LOA and remain at home during that time. The 14-day-long LOA begins the day after the student has returned from mainland china.
Please refer to the infographic from the Ministry of Education for more information.
(© Ministry of Education, Government of Singapore)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Athletics and Extra-Curricular Activities still going on?
- What will our students be doing for Week Without Walls (WWW)/FaithWorks instead?
- Who needs to complete the travel declaration form?
- Do the travel regulations also apply to Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau?
- How do I stay updated?
- How does the leave of absence (LOA) affect students on student visas? Does the LOA count as an absence?
- Why doesn't ICS require masks?