Dear ICS Community,
On Friday, the Singapore Ministry of Health raised the level of concern regarding the Coronavirus here in Singapore. Prioritizing the health and safety of our students, families, and staff means we are putting additional safety measures into place. ICS will begin the following actions immediately:
- The ICS Campus is open to parents and helpers for drop-off from 7:30–8:05 am and pick-up from 3:00–3:30 pm.
- The ICS Campus will be closed to all students, parents, and helpers at 3:30 pm.
- An ICS ID card is required to access campus.
- Parents and helpers who do not have an ID card will be required to drop off or pick up their child at the front gate. This action will be enforced beginning Tuesday, February 11, in order to allow parents and helpers who do not have ID cards to request one at the front office.
- From 8:05 am-3:00 pm, the ICS campus is only open to ICS staff, faculty, and students unless parents have a pre-scheduled appointment.
- Visitors without a pre-scheduled appointment will not be allowed onto campus.
- All afterschool activities (ECAs, sports clubs, athletics, etc.) are canceled until further notice.
- All sporting events against other schools will be canceled until at least March 22.
- The library will close at 3:10 pm after school dismissal.
- All school employees will have their temperatures checked twice per day.
In addition to the newest actions above, ICS proactively limited access to campus last week. ICS also canceled all field trips, including Faithworks and Week Without Walls. Elementary students are being taken to wash their hands before and after lunch, snack, and recess times. We will continue to take the temperature of all individuals coming onto campus and check travel histories. We are already checking elementary students' temperatures twice per day. However, we will begin checking middle school and high school students' temperatures twice a day.
We are also putting plans into place should the government require ICS to close. These plans will be communicated with you on Monday, February 10.
Community is at the heart of our identity at ICS, and we understand the Coronavirus is having a significant impact on how we usually operate on our campus and in our community. We ask you to join us in prayer for our Singapore community and our friends and colleagues throughout Asia and the world during this time. If you have further questions, please contact our front office.
On behalf of the leadership team, I would like to say thank you for your cooperation, support, and prayers during this time.
Dr. J.P. Rader