Valid Passes for Admissions To Apply
Valid Passes for Admissions
All students enrolled at ICS must hold one of the following valid passes:
- Student pass
- Dependent pass
- Exemption Order/Diplomatic pass
Students will not be allowed to enter school or remain in school with an invalid or expired pass.
For Student Pass holders
It is the responsibility of parent(s)/guardian(s) to request Student Pass renewal from the school at least 6 weeks before expiration of their current pass. As and when Student Pass holder’s passport has been renewed or changed, parent(s)/guardian(s) are required to submit copy of the renewed or new passport to student record office.
All international students who have been accepted and offered a place as a full time student at ICS are required to have a valid pass: Dependent, Diplomatic, Student, or Proof of PR status issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Only student who hold a valid pass will be allowed to attend school.
It is the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to:
Obtain the proper passes prior to entering school
Keep the passes up-to-date
Submit the most recent copy to the school Student record office
Students who would require a Student Pass will be:
Students whose parents are permanent residents of Singapore
Neither Parent has an employment pass
Students not eligible for Dependent Pass
Change of school
Applications for a new student pass and its renewal require considerable amount of time. Some applicant’s may experience complications, delay and even rejection. Approval of a Student pass is solely the decision of ICA and the school does not have any authority or influences over it. Student Pass issued is not transferrable and will expire upon the student ceasing to be a Student of ICS.
Please plan accordingly.
Cancellation of an ICS student pass holder applies to the following status:
- Repatriate/permanently leave for another country
- Transfer to another school in Singapore
- Completed his/her course of studies at ICS
- Applying for another type of Pass
- Upon receipt of the notice of withdrawal from the Parent(s)/Guardian(s), or information about non- returning and graduating students, the Student Records Office will immediately cancel the student pass through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) online facility. ICS is under an obligation to inform ICA of the student’s withdrawal.
- Once ICA has issued the Notification for Cancellation, usually within 5 days, the Student Records Office will forward it to the Parent(s)/Guardian(s).This document is required for immigration clearance at the point of departure from Singapore.
- The student is under an obligation to surrender the Student pass:
- (a) To the ICA at the point of departure from Singapore
- (b) To ICA Office.