Part-time Drama Club Leader
REPORTS TO: MS/HS Principal
Minimum of Bachelor Degree (exceptions to be approved by the Academic Board)
Experience working with students, knowledge of specific subject
Teaching credential from a state or from ACSI (exceptions will be approved by the Academic Board) preferred
JOB GOAL: Organize and lead various dramatic performances for middle school and high school students.
Drama Instruction & Performances
- Teach interested students the basics of dramatic performance and dance within the constraints of an after-school, ungraded club.
- Since this is ungraded and will not follow a prescribed curriculum, the leader has the discretion to adjust the content to meet the specific interests of the students
- Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the activities
- Organize and lead at least one student performance event during the school year. This can take the format of a production, a series of one-act plays, or other form as deemed best by the leader to showcase student skills
- Review plans and activities regularly with your supervisor
- Communicate with parents, students, and other staff as needed regarding student activities via schoology
- Maintain student attendance and achievement records as required (Only if class credit being given)
- Follow school policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines and the provisions of the contract.
- Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises utilizing teacher made discipline plan in conjunction with school wide discipline plan. Consistent consequences are expected except in extenuating circumstances.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste and in agreement with school policy.
- Contact instruction 2 days per week from 3:30pm to 5:00pm and work additional hours as needed leading up to a student performance.
- Inform your supervisor if your feel that the overall workload is exceeding 20% of a full time teaching role. Provide documentation to support this
If this job opening is of interest to you and it fits your background and qualifications, kindly apply through firstname.lastname@example.org