Elementary School Mandarin
1. Bachelor's Degree (exceptions to be approved by the Academic Review Board)
2. Teaching credential from a state or from ACSI (exceptions will be approved by the Academic Board)
3. Experience working with students
4. Knowledge of specific subject(s)
REPORTS TO: Appropriate level principal
SUPERVISES: Volunteers as needed
JOB GOAL: Provide a quality, Christian education to those students he/she teaches.
1. Identify the needs of students through diagnostic procedures and relate instructional objectives to these needs. Plan, prepare and execute appropriate lessons, utilizing appropriate resource materials and activities.
2. Maintain student records as required by the school.
3. Communicate with parents, students, and other professional staff regarding student progress (behavioral and academic).
4. Follow prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled.
5. Follow school policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines and the provisions of the contract.
6. Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
7. Maintain proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises utilizing teacher made discipline plan in conjunction with school wide discipline plan. Consistent consequences are expected except in extenuating circumstances.
8. Inform the administration if unable to fulfill any duty assigned. Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
9. Employ a variety of instructional aides, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child as stated in the ICS mission statement.
10. Effect student learning through mastery of the subject material by utilizing valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school's philosophy.
11. Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
12. Complete lesson plans, Atlas, ESO documentation and PLC expectations within specified time frames.
13. Plan and lead student chapel when called upon
14. Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
15. Complete the Christian Philosophy of Education in-service program within the first three years of teaching at ICS.
16. Attend and participate in devotions, teachers' meetings, evening programs if involving his or her students or as requested by the administration, and other meetings as assigned.
17. Do supervisory duty as assigned (before school, break, lunch, after school).
18. Maintain classroom in a clean and educationally stimulating environment.
19. Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student's progress.
20. Keep students, parents and the administration adequately informed of students' progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure.
21. Submit all reports to the administration, guidance office, school office etc. as required by school regulations or as requested.
22. Work with administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
23. Complete professional programs as required by the administration and/or ICS Board.
24. Maintain teaching credentials as required by sponsoring agency (state/provincial education department, ACSI, etc.). Acquire teaching credentials as required by the laws of Singapore, NICS and/or ICS.
25. Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality.
26. Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
27. Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity and consideration.
28. Respectfully submit and demonstrate loyalty to constituted authority.
29. Maintain a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste and in