The Week without Walls (W w/o W) program was established during the 08-09 school year and is a mandatory cross-cultural service program for all full-time high school students (tuition fees are inclusive of W w/o W trips). During the first quarter of the school year students select which trip they would like to be a participant and then meet weekly in preparation for the trips that take place in March of the subsequent year. The team meeting also provides a small group setting to offer support and foster community within the student body. All of the trips are organized and lead by the High School Faculty and have served in Bangladesh, China, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Other objectives of the W w/o W program are as follows:
- expose students to other cultures outside of Singapore.
- expose students to people groups that may be less fortunate.
- help students see and experience the value of serving others.
- give students leadership opportunities, develop problem solving skills, foster team work and encourage unity in the student body.
- enable students to see the many blessings and opportunities available to them.
- build cross-cultural friendships.