The ICS athletic program is designed with the intention of promoting character development, team unity, and parental and community involvement with the hope of producing young men and women who love and respect God, culture, and all mankind.
- Promote the development of favorable habits and positive attitudes in students that will prepare them for adult life.
- Promote academic excellence in the classroom.
- Promote physical fitness.
- Recognize and promote the lessons learned regarding good sportsmanship, ethics, teamwork and the value of competing, win or lose.
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment for practice and competitions.
- Recognize and promote the accomplishments of athletic teams and individuals.
- Encourage coaches to be leaders, role models and persons of character.
- Promote cooperation throughout the athletic department, while supporting all athletic and extracurricular programs.
- Promote a sense of pride both in the athletic department and the school as a whole
Athletic Department Goals
High & Middle School Sports Physical Examination Information
Every high school and middle schooll student participating in a school sponsored interscholastic sport must assume the responsibility for submitting an updated physical examination form to the nurse’s office annually. This physical examination must be completed before the sports season begins. First season sports (Cross Country, Soccer and Volleyball, Rugby, and first season basketball) will have a ten day grace period from when the seasons begin on Friday, August 16th. Coaches will be required to hold out of practice and competitions any athlete who has not completed and turned in the form to the Nurse’s office by the date designated by the Athletic Director’s office.